As my first blog post, I thought I should introduce myself to you my dear readers (past, present, and future). I am having a hard time introducing myself to people these days but heck let’s try this one out and see what happens.
Maybe start with a Q and A type of thing and then deeper in this post (if you are still reading it, we could go personal). So, I hit up Google and found a Forbes.com article about the BEST questions to break the ice (there were 55 questions but I don’t want to bore you so I selected the interesting ones) and have a go at it…
- What do you give a damn about? Currently, I care about my mental health then my kids well being and my family’s well being.
- What is a dream you have that you’ve yet to achieve? I currently don’t have any dreams anymore maybe a goal is to reach the ripe old age of 50 and still be interesting enough to do what I do and see my children grow into adulthood.
- What’s something you say you’ll do, but never will? As of the moment, that would be going out. Not because of the Corona Virus concern but I want to be able to go out alone and travel.
- What did you have to give up to achieve your current level of success? Sleep. I knew that in the online freelancing industry, I need to be able to have an edge and so at the beginning of my career I was only sleeping about 2 to 3 hours a day handling multiple clients and learning by experience.
- Has anything ever happened to you that you could not, and cannot, explain? That would be having a mental illness I guess. I am diagnosed with agoraphobia combined with General Anxiety Disorder as well as Clinical Depression. I can never understand why of all the illnesses in the world it has to be an illness that is stigmatized and misunderstood.
- Do you ever find there are things about you that people misunderstand? What are they? People think I’m “masungit” but know that I just have a resting bitch face. I’m too much of an introvert and social anxiety makes it hard for me to approach people. I love to talk though once you get to know me. I have lots to say.
- If you could have one ‘do-over’ in your life, what would you do differently? I don’t believe in regrets. At least that is one thing in my life that I am somehow proud of. I don’t regret any decision I have made so far in life. There were moments that I am sorry it happened but I never regretted it.
- Of what are you most afraid of? Uselessness. I am scared that there would be a time that I will be useless. Some people say they are scared of death – I’m not. I’m more scared of not being able to do anything anymore and just depend on people that I think is real death.
- If you could change your name, what would it be? I used to add Maria to my name when I was young. Everyone thought I was Maria Rea. But now, I’m kind of happy with my name. It’s easy to spell and easy to pronounce. Having a 3 letter name is the best.
- Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 18-year-old self? Life gets better and then it will get harder and then it will get better again. It will be a roller coaster Ferris wheel kind of experience so you need to buck up and muster all your courage and put it in a jar and save it. You would need it in the future.
If you are still reading, then here are a few more facts about me. I was born in the year of the Pig. I love black and white. I am a solo parent with two fantastic sons. And I am an online business solutions provider.
I hope to see you more in my blogs and I hoped (crossing my fingers) that you enjoyed this one.